This policy, relating to Personal Data (“the policy”), is intended to explain to you how, within Retail-VR, we collect your Personal Data through our website. The policy also comprises information on the kind of data collected, how we process it and for what purpose, so that we can make their use better suited to your needs.
: refers to Retail-VR that can collect or process your personal data and cookies as well as to their service contractors, whether located in France or elsewhere.“You”:
refers to any user of services provided by Retail-VR, whether paying or not. 1. OUR COMMITMENT REGARDING PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
We strive to collect only Personal Data that is necessary for the processing and the use envisaged, for the purposes described in this policy.If the retention of your data is not required, and if it is no longer of use for Personal Data processing, then we will delete it.We respect your right to privacy and we do not allow ourselves to sell your data.We care about transparency when it comes to the use of your Personal Data.However, please be aware that some of your data may be required to access certain services. You are not, however, required to provide us with the Personal Data that we ask for. 2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your data using all digital means: our website or on social media. All of your communication with our consumer services also allows us to collect data on you. We collect some data using cookies so that we can understand your habits and your actions on our website. In other cases, you send us your data directly when you contact us, when you visit our website. 3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on how you interact and communicate with Retail-VR (on-line, off-line, by phone, etc.), we may collect various kinds of data from you, differentiated by purpose, as described below:Personal contact and demographic data comprising name, gender, email address, date of birth, postal address, phone number, place of residenceTechnical information on the equipment you use to access our websites or applications such as the operating system and the Internet Protocol (IP) addressData relating to your use of our website/application: last website visited, pages viewed, advertisements that you clicked onInformation that you share directly with us about your experience as a consumer (market surveys, content shared on social media or on our website)Financial and payment data that we require to fulfill an orderTelephone interaction between You and Retail-VRThe interactions between You and Retail-VR during professional trade showsWe have no reason to collect or process sensitive Personal Data (e.g. health-related data) as part of our regular sales activities. 4. WHAT IS RETAIL-VR’S POLICY IN RELATION TO CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA?
We are convinced that it is extremely important to protect children’s privacy when they access the Internet and we encourage parents or guardians to spend time with them to take part in, and manage, their on-line activities.On our website, access to the site and/or application form is restricted to adults.You should therefore make sure that your children do not disclose their Personal Data or your Personal Data on the Internet without first seeking your permission. This is because a minor can only disclose their Personal Data through a parent or guardian, with their explicit consent. At any time, you can check, change or delete your child’s Personal Data. You can also ask for the deletion of data relating to your child by sending a request by letter to the address provided in the contacts shown in Question 9 – “What are your rights and how to exercise them?”.5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The table below lists the purposes behind Retail-VR collecting and processing your Personal Data and the different kinds of Personal Data collected for each purpose. Remember that not all of the uses listed below will apply to everyone. How used Principles that this use is based onOur legitimate interestsCustomer service and/or consumer care departments: We use your Personal Data to respond to your requests, resolve any issues, improve and customize our services.
· Compliance with our contractual obligations· Legal requirements· Our legitimate interests· Improving and developing new products and services· Gaining efficiencyMarketing communication, games, competitions and other promotions: With your consent (where necessary), we use your Personal Data to provide you with information on our products or services (e.g. as part of communication/marketing or promotional campaigns).
· Your consent (when it is required)· Compliance with our contractual obligations· Our legitimate interests· Determining which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them· Defining consumer or customer profiles for new products or servicesInteraction with our consumers: We use your Personal Data when you use third-party social media functions such as the “Like” function so that we can offer you advertising and to interact with you via these third-party social media.
· Your consent (when it is required)· Our legitimate interests· Determining which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them· Defining consumer or customer profiles for new products or servicesCreating and managing an account: We use this data to handle your orders, answer your questions, allow you to manage your preferences or send you marketing communications suited to your profile.
· Your consent· Our legitimate interests· Compliance with our contractual obligations· Helping us to better understand your needs and your expectations and thereby improve our services, products and brandsCustomising our Services and Offers: With your consent, we use your Personal Data (i) to analyse your preferences and habits; (ii) to anticipate your needs from our analysis of your profile; (iii) to improve and customise your experience with our websites and applications; (iv) to guarantee that the content from our websites or applications is the most suitable to you and your computer or device; (v) to bring you targeted advertising and content; and (vi) so that you can take part in interactive activities when you wish to.
· Your consent (when it is required)· Our legitimate interests· Determining which of our products and services may interest you and to tell you about them· Defining consumer or customer profiles for new products or servicesOrder processing: We use your Personal Data to process and ship your orders, inform you on the status of your orders, check that we have the right addresses and to check your identity.
· Compliance with our contractual obligations· Your consent (when it is required)· Legal requirements· Our legitimate interests· Improving and developing new products and services· Gaining efficiency· Protect our operating systems, our networks and our staffThe way our websites work: We use your Personal Data to guarantee that the content of our websites is distributed appropriately and that the right settings are used on your device, including screen resolution, etc.
· Our legitimate interests· Your consent· Improving our quality of serviceOther general uses (internal survey or market survey, analysis, security, etc.): In line with applicable laws, we use your Personal Data for other general commercial purposes, especially to undertake internal or market surveys and the measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns.
· Compliance with our contractual obligations· Your consent (when it is required)· Legal requirements· Our legitimate interests· Improving and developing new products and services· Gaining efficiency· Protecting our operating systems, our networks and our staffTestimonials: Retail-VR may use it websites and other information media to publish a list of Customer Cases comprising information on customer names and who they are. Retail-VR commits to obtaining permission from every customer prior to any publication on their websites of any testimonials.
· Your consent (when it is required)· Our legitimate interests· Determining which of our products and services interest you and getting your opinion on our Services 6. DOES RETAIL-VR RELEASE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHY?
As set out in “1.Our commitment to Personal Data protection”, your Personal Data will not be shared, sold, rented or divulged for any purpose other than those described in this policy. Consequently, except in cases where you have given your consent, we will not sell your Personal Data to third-party companies for their own marketing purposes. Nevertheless, it is possible that your data will be provided when this is required by law or by government authorities, for example. Should Retail-VR be sold to another company, then the legal successor company will have access to the data held by the selling entity and therefore, probably, to some of your Personal Data.7. HOW LONG WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT?
Your Personal Data will be retained by Retail VR for only the period of time that is reasonably necessary to achieve the ends described in this policy. The criteria that we use to determine the durations for retaining your Personal Data are as follows:Retail-VR will retain your Personal Data in a form that allows your identification for the entire duration of our contractual relationship.If you contact us as part of a request, we will retain your Personal Data for the entire time required to process your request.If you create an account, we will retain your Personal Data until you ask us to delete it or after an idle period (no active interaction with the brands) defined in compliance with local regulations and instructions.Your Personal Data is, however, likely to be retained for longer under the terms of specific legal obligations or due to applicable statutory limitations periods.Beyond the retention durations mentioned above, your Personal Data will be either securely deleted from all of Retail-VR databases or rendered anonymous.8.HOW DOES RETAIL-VR PROTECT, STORE AND TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use all of the technical and organisational measures necessary to guarantee the confidentiality and the security of your Personal Data. Be aware, however, that these measures do not relate to data that you choose to share on public spaces, especially on third-party social media.Regarding your financial data, we apply industry standard data protection practices and comply with legal requirements. Your data is encrypted when you make on-line purchases from our websites.You can also help us to guarantee the protection of your data by using the confidentiality settings for our websites, by choosing a complex login password and by exercising caution when logging in to your account from a public device.The storage and the processing of your Personal Data requires that, at some time or another, your Personal Data will be transferred to, and stored in, a country other than the one where you reside. Personal Data may be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If this is the case, Retail-VR will do everything possible to ensure that this international data transfer offers a suitable level of security guarantees. The guarantees that we use to protect international data transfers include (i) standard contractual clauses validated by the European Commission, (ii) certification mechanisms proving that the third parties located outside of the EEA process Personal Data in a way that complies with the regulations.9..WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
We feel it is our duty to ensure that you can exercise your rights and make the most enlightened choices possible regarding the Personal Data that you provide us with.In the table below You means: “yourself, your descendants, representatives and/or proxies” Your rightsWhat does it mean?The right to information
You have the right to access, view and request a physical or electronic copy of the information that we hold on you as well as how we use it. This information must be transparent, clear and easily understandable. You also have the right to request information on the origin of your Personal Data. The right to accessThe right to modify
You can request the deletion, portability, rectification or the modification of your Personal Data; if it is inaccurate or out of date and/or its completion if it is incomplete.Where this is possible, our websites include a dedicated function that lets you view and modify the Personal Data that you have provided us with.Be aware that in some cases, the deletion of your Personal Data necessarily implies the deletion of your user account. We may also be obliged to retain some of your Personal Data even after your request to delete it, in order to meet our legal or contractual obligations.The right to delete/be forgottenThe right to manage the data you have providedThe right to limit processing
These rights mean that the data processing that we perform relating to you is limited so that we can only retain the data, but not use or process it.The right to oppose data processing based on our legitimate interestThe right to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent to any of our activities that involve processing your Personal Data if it is based on consent. Withdrawing your consent does not have any impact on the legitimacy of processing performed under the terms of the consent given prior to its withdrawal.The right to make a complaint to an oversight authority
You have the right to inform the French data protection authority, CNIL and to make a complaint to them (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
), contesting Retail-VR’s practices in terms of the protection of Personal Data and the protection of privacy.The right to non-prospection
At any time, by contacting us or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email message or communication that we send you, you can oppose the receipt of our sales prospection messages.The right to disable or manage cookies
You can set your browser settings to disable cookies or be alerted when cookies and/or similar technologies are used. This may, however, prevent you from using some parts of our websites.The right to block targeted advertising.
We may partner with advertisers that place advertising on the Internet, targeting your interests, for one or more corporate brands that are external to the Agrial Group.You can go to the website at www.aboutads.info/choices to find out more about how you can block this targeted advertising from appearing.You can exercise these rights as stated on the relevant pages on this website.We ask you to attach a copy of your ID, or any other evidence showing your identity, to your request. If the request is submitted by anyone other than yourself, without proof that the request is legally formulated on your behalf, the request will be rejected.Be aware that all of the information provided to us will be handled only in compliance with, and insofar as permitted, by applicable law.We will process and examine any claim relating to how we process your Personal Data (including any complaint that we have breached your rights under the terms of the applicable laws on privacy).10.CHANGES MADE TO OUR POLICY
If there is any change in the way we manage and process your Personal Data, we will update this policy. We reserve the right to change our practices and this policy at any time. Please check regularly to see if there are any updates or changes to our policy.